Software Product Management - NinjaTrader 8 Beta and Major Release
👉 Read directly at ninjatrader.com
Work date:1 June 2016
I was promoted to Product Manager after working as a technical support lead for the NinjaTrader platform. When I was promoted, much of the early planning and specification was already completed, so I was brought on to help with the engineering implementation, user acceptance testing, and documentation up until the first major release of NinjaTrader 8 in November of 2016.
- I was Junior Product Manager.
- Responsible for updating legacy documentation, comparing to current programming interfaces, and conducting code reviews to understand changes to new technology.
- Inherited project from the former product manager who had developed much of the legacy documentation and set standards for writing styles.
- Worked in efforts to fill in gaps where needed between custom requests and existing API code that could be exposed.
- Met routinely with developers to help understand expected code functionality and develop reasonable API behaviors and errors that would foster an "exploratory" environment.
- Fundamentally changed many-core events, GUI framework, and exposed low-level accessibility to fulfill change requests between major release cycles.
- Rehashed user experiences working with customer-facing teams, company stakeholders, and key partners to help ensure the milestone transition between products was seamless.
- Painstakingly reviewed implementations and changes with quality to teams to ensure consistency between naming, color, and sub-class behaviors.