Matthew Hendricks is a developer and technical writer with over 10 years of experience in IT roles — Matthew combines product development, web design, and UX expertise to create accessible solutions in the software industry.
Product Developer | Web Designer | UX Specialist
Driving Seamless User Experiences through Robust Product Development and Intuitive Design
- Mountlake Terrace, WA (Greater Seattle area)
- Seasoned Product Developer with a passion for user-centric digital products.
- Proven ability to design and implement solutions that elevate user engagement, streamline operations, and drive business growth.
- Committed to utilizing research and usability testing insights to shape intuitive, accessible designs.
Product Developer2023 January - Present
Decent Fintech — Mountlake Terrace, WA
- Orchestrated the development of a comprehensive suite of tools for modernizing wealth management.
- Enhanced user experience with accessibility features and color theory.
- Raised awareness about neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Demonstrated progress in full-stack operations and technical SEO.
Customer Engineer2021 October - 2022 June
Privacy Dynamics — Seattle, WA
- Designed and implemented a comprehensive documentation website using Vite, Vue, and Figma.
- Facilitated efficient onboarding and served as a valuable resource for sales and marketing teams.
- Resolved technical queries and UX/QA issues to support potential customers and internal teams.
Contract Technical Writer2019 April - 2020 June
Microsoft, Premera Blue Cross — Seattle, WA
- Produced comprehensive documentation of product features.
- Streamlined information access by migrating documents to an internal wiki.
- Collaborated with teams to ensure accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
Technical Services Manager2017 April - 2018 December
Ookla — Seattle, WA
- Collaborated with PMs and engineers to update docs, onboard clients, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Improved technical services by writing email templates, reducing first response time by 100%.
Product Manager, Technical Lead2010 May - 2017 April
NinjaTrader — Denver, CO
- Led development of NinjaTrader 8, a user-friendly trading platform that increased user satisfaction and customer acquisition.
- Worked with a team to create a high-frequency trading platform that enhanced the company's market share.
- Developed an engaging documentation website that attracted thousands of visitors and decreased customer service requests.
Studied Computer Information Systems
Laramie County Community College — Cheyenne, WY
2005-09-01 - 2006-12-01
- Accessibility Compliance (WCAG 2.1)
- Backend Development (FastAPI)
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- UI/UX Design (Figma, Canva)
- Version Control (Git)
- Documentation (Markdown, Mkdocs)
- Continuous Deployment (Netlify)
- Programming (Python, C#)
- Technical Communication (Technical Writing)
- Frontend Development (Vue.js, Tailwind)
- Project Management (JIRA, Notion.so)
- Customer Success (CRM)
- Web Development (Static Site Generation with Hugo)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM Tools)
- IT Service Management (Helpdesk Software)